We, MOL Ferry Co., Ltd., are implementing the following initiatives based on the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" to ensure your information that we handle is strictly protected.
Handling of personal information
Situations in which we will request and use your personal information
We will acquire and use your personal information in a proper and fair manner in the following cases:
- For the reservation / sale of boarding tickets
- For the order / sale of other products
- To conduct questionnaires about MOL Ferry services
- To contact you in relation to various MOL Ferry services
- To respond to your inquiries, etc.
Disclosure / provision to third parties
We will never disclose or provide your personal information to third parties except under the following circumstances:
- When you have provided your consent
- When we have been demanded to do so based on laws and ordinances
- When we need to do so in order to cooperate with the official affairs of national or local public entities, etc., and obtaining your consent is likely to hinder the performance of those affairs
- In an emergency involving risk to life, etc. when obtaining your consent would be difficult
- Disclosure to our contractors, etc. in the case that we have concluded an agreement in advance to prevent them from using your personal information for any purpose other than the services that we have entrusted to them
Protection and management of personal information
We properly manage your personal information and take the utmost care to prevent leakage, loss and damage, etc. We have internal regulations and in-house management systems in place for the protection and proper handling of personal information, and we provide the appropriate education to our staff. We have established a retention period for personal information depending on its purpose of use and we discard information in an appropriate manner when that period has elapsed. We will provide some of your personal information (transaction ID, name, address, phone number, e-mail address, shipping address, details and the price of your order, credit card number and expiration date) to the external companies to which we outsource operations required for the settlement of payments for our products and services and related information system management. We take measures such as concluding non-disclosure agreements and prohibiting subcontracting, etc. to ensure that these external companies use your personal information only for operations required for the settlement of payments for our products and services and manage your personal information appropriately to prevent leakage.
Inquiries, correction and deletion of personal information
If you have submitted a request in our prescribed manner to: 1. Disclose, 2. Correct, delete or make additions to, 3. Cease using, etc. or 4. Notify you of the purpose of use (hereinafter, "Disclosure, etc.") of your personal data in our possession, then we will respond to that request within a reasonable time and scope after first confirming your identity.
Please note that a 500 yen (incl. tax) administrative fee will be charged for each request to disclose the content of your personal information in our possession and to notify you of the purpose of use of your personal information.
- a)Inquiries about the protection of personal information
Personal information consultation service: MOL Ferry Co., Ltd. Passenger Division
personal information officer
(Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding public holidays and New Year holidays)
- b)Procedures for requesting Disclosure, etc.
To request Disclosure, etc., please fill in the following request form (A) and send the request form, documentation to verify your identity or the identity of your agent (B) and the 500 yen administrative fee* for each inquiry (if required) in a registered letter for sending money addressed to the personal information consultation service listed above.
(*) The administrative fee is charged only for requests for "Disclosure" and "Notification of purpose of use"
- A.Prescribed request form
To make a request for Disclosure, etc., please download and print a request form and fill in the necessary matters. Request form (Click to open the form).
- B.Identity verification documentation
When you are making a request yourself
A copy of an official certificate such as your driver's license or health insurance card
When making a request via an agent
A letter of attorney, a certificate of a seal-impression for the seal you used to stamp the letter of attorney, and a copy of an official certificate of the agent such as their driver's license or health insurance card
- c)Points to note when requesting Disclosure, etc.
- *Please be sure to use our prescribed request form and fill in all the necessary matters (including affixing your seal). We cannot accept your request if you have not used the prescribed form or if you have not filled in all the necessary matters on the form.
- *Please obtain all the identity verification documentation required to make a request for Disclosure, etc. at your own expense.
- *We will promptly shred and dispose of the documentation, etc. you have submitted along with your request for Disclosure, etc. after procedures have been completed.
The handling of information on our website
In addition to using cookies as anonymous information for statistical analysis, etc. we may also associate cookies with information that identifies you in order to provide you with more personalized member services, etc.
Scope of application
Our website contains links to other websites that can provide you with information about useful products and services. We assume no responsibility in connection with the collection of your personal information by linked websites. Please use linked websites at your own discretion.
Security technology for the protection of personal information
Our website uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology as a safety measure when collecting your personal information. SSL technology can encrypt data distributed over the Internet and prevent leakage. We are also striving to ensure the safety of your personal information by installing a firewall and computer anti-virus protection as well as taking other reasonable security measures to prevent the unauthorized third-party access to, leakage, diversion and tampering, etc. of your personal information.
Browsing our website
You can disable the link with anonymous browsing information through cookies by disabling cookies and data with similar functionality in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may result in you being unable to use services through our website.
Explanation of terminology
- *2Individual identification number
The Individual identification number is unique information such as your mobile phone model and serial number. Personal information such as the name of your mobile phone carrier and your address cannot be identified from this number.